- Councillors surgery: Ward Councillors and the Whitley area PCSO will be at The Whitley Cafe on Saturday 4th March from 10.30am-12pm. Please come along and discuss any local issues.
- Planning application committee: This months planning applications will be discussed and judged upon on Wednesday 8th March at 6.30pm at the Civic centre. Councillor Pearce sits on this committee.
- Adult children and social care committee: The ACE committee chaired by Cllr McElligott and Vice chaired by Cllr Pearce will discuss the latest issues in these areas on Monday 20th March at the Civic centre at 6.30pm.
- Schools council meeting: Cllr Pearce will answer questions from local school children on local issues on Friday 23rd March at 1.30pm at Reading girls school.
- Reading Banner delivery: The latest edition of the Reading wide Labour party newsletter the Reading Banner will be delivered through doors this month.
- South Reading NHS petition: Counciilors and activisits willl be knocking on doors to collect signatures for a petition asking for fairer NHS funding in South Reading. We will be out on Saturday’s 11th/18th/25th March at 11am on roads including Blagdon roads, Foxhays road, Windemere road and Elm road.
- Full Council meeting: Church Ward Cllrs will be in attendance on Tuesday 28th March at 6.30pm at the Civic centre. Amongst other questions and motions, Cllr Pearce will be proposing a motion about NHS funding in South Reading.
Monthly Archives: February 2017
Your local Labour Councillors have began asking residents to sign a petition to ensife the NHS in South Reading receives fairer funding. Your local health services will be underfunded by £479m a year by 2020. We are calling on Reading’s MP’s -Alok Sharma and Rob Wilson- to end the underfunding of NHS services in Reading. We are also calling on Reading’s NHS clinical commissioning groups to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and effective health service for all local patients.
Please sign the petition linked here , to let your MPs know how you feel.