Upcoming events for the public and Church Ward Councillors in November include:
- Canvssing: Councillors will be out knocking doors on Wednesday 26th November from 6pm on Sycamore Road and Thursday November 27th from 6pm in Northcourt avenue. Please speak to us if there is any local issues we can help with.
- YAC Whitley Research Project Interview (Wednesday 26th November): Ashley will be speaking to representatives from the Church on Cressingham road about potential youth projects in the area and how the Church can help.
- Councillor surgery: This will take place on Saturday December 6th at 10.30am at South Reading Community centre. Councillors will be available to help and answer questions as well as a street surgery taking place that morning.
- Remembrance service: There will be a remembrance service to mark those who have fallen serving for the armed forces on Sunday November 9th at 9.30am at Minster church. Church Ward Councillors will be in attendance to pay their respects.
- Narrowing the gap conference: After last years succesful conference on tackling inequality, the Council is again holding a forum for different groups in Reading to meet and share ideas on how to help the towns most vulnerable. The conference will be held on Tuesday November 18th at the old town hall at 5.30pm. The event is free and open to the public.
- Church Ward Rose: Councillors and helpers will also be busy delivering the latest edition of the Church Ward Rose early in November. So expect your latest edition to keep you up to date with Ward matters to drop onto your mat soon.