- Councillors surgery: Ward Councillors and the Whitley area PCSO will be at The Whitley Cafe on Saturday 6th January from 10.30am-12pm. Please come along and discuss any local issues.
- Planning meeting: This months planning committee on which Ashley is a member will take place on Wednesday 10th January at 6.30pm at the Civic centre.
- Ward meeting: The regular meeting of Church Ward members and Councillors where we discuss local isues will take place on Thursday 11th January at 7.30pm at 101 Northcourt Avenue.
- ACE (adults, education & children’s services) committee meeting: Church Ward Cllrs Eileen and Ashley will be in attendance as Chair & Vice Chair respectively on Wednesday 31st January at 6.30pm at the Civic centre.
- Canvassing: Doors on Ashburton Road will be knocked to ask residents concerns on Saturday January 6th at 11am, Barnsdale road at 6pm on Thursday 11th January and Windemere Road on Saturday 13th January at 11am.
- Full Council meeting: Ashley will be raising a motion about house building finances as well as other business on Tuesday 23rd January at 6.30pm at the Civic centre.
- Ridgeway standards Governors meeting: Ashley will chair the second standards & curriculum Governors meeting of the school year on Monday 29th January at 5pm at Ridgeway school.
- South Reading calendar: The final copies of the popular South Reading calendar with lots of dates for local events will be delivered to every household in the ward. If you have any feedback on this please contact us.
Monthly Archives: December 2017
The latest edition of the South Reading events calendar will be delivered to thousands of residents in South Reading later this month. The calendar, now into its 3rd year collates events from South Reading into one place. These include schools, arts, football and religious as well as others. The calendar is funded and delivered by Church Ward Labour party and delivered free of charge to households.
Universal Credit will replace Child Tax Credits, Housing Benefit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance and Working Tax Credits, rolling them into one single payment. It is due to be rolled out in Reading from 6 December 2017.
Matt Rodda MP recently spoke out against it in Parliament which can be read here. Many families in Church Ward will be hit by the clumsy and ill timed nature of these changes and we urge the Government even at this late hour to think again.