Church Ward Councillors Eileen and Ashley as Chair and Vice-chair respectively of the ACE (Adults, children’s services and education ) committee are helping shape our schools future. Reading Borough Council are re-writing the strategies on education with the aim of all of our schools being rated good or outstanding by 2018. In Church Ward we are very proud of our schools, both rated good by Ofsted in their last inspections, The Ridgeway and Reading girls. If you would like to have your say on Reading schools please go to the consultation linked below:
Monthly Archives: June 2015
Ashley was in attendance at the 11th annual South Reading Churches fun day run by Vernon Orr of St Agnes Church at Rabsons Rec. The event was well attended and thankfully the sun shone throughout. Stalls and attractions at the event included bouncy castles, free food, a petting zoo, basketball team Reading Rockets and for the first time Reading buses. Well done and thank you for all of the organisation and effort of volunteers that went into the event. The next event at Rabsons Rec is WhitFest on July 18th, please come and support our local artists then.
- Councillors surgery: Your Councillors will be holding one of their regular surgeries for residents to drop into on Saturday 4th July at 10.30am at the Whitley Community cafe.
- Shinfield Road Rec clean up: Councillors and (hopefully!) volunteers will be undertaking a clean up of Shinfield Road Rec on Saturday 4th July at 12pm-2pm, meeting at the entrance on Linden Road. Reading Borough Council will provide gloves, bags, pickers and collect any findings, we just need to provide the labour.
- Full Council meeting: Ashley, Paul and Eileen will be in attendance at the last Council meeting before the summer where a busy schedule is expected on Tuesday 7th July.
- Ridgeway Governors meeting: Ashley will be at the Ridgeway Governors meeting on Wednesday July 15th and in attendance at one of the school’s assemblies.
- Whitfest: WhitFest is Aspire2’s annual community arts festival, that hosts community-led arts projects and activities which celebrate this distinctive part of Reading. A full schedule of May Half Term Events will be available soon. The Finale will take place at Rabson’s Recreation Grounds on 18 July 12-4 PM. If you are interested in sharing something at the Finale please contact Christina Pepper at email@example.com.
- Canvassing: Councillors will be back out talking to residents about their concerns and how to improve the area in the following places/Times: Wednesday 8th July on Windemere Road at 6pm, Blagdon Road on Saturday 11th at 11am, Linden Road on Wednesday 15th at 6pm for a traffic survey (more to follow), Northcourt Avenue on Thursday 16th at 6pm and Foxhays Road on Saturday 18th at 11am.